Wednesday, August 05, 2009

I woke up around 4am this morning and went in to pull the covers up over our sleeping angel boys. It was nippy, but that's Brisbane cold not really cold.

As i crawled back into my own bed, i took a breath and felt deeply grateful. I returned to sleep, in a bed with clean sheets, a good mattress, plenty of warmth, and lay next to my loving, sleeping husband. Our family was safe and cared for.

I am overwhelmed by the good things and love in my life. I am grateful and humbled by the array of opportunities and kindness shown to all of us.

It was a wonderful awakening..............

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I got goosebumps reading this - making me smile big time.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for understanding:)it's these moments that bring it all together isnt it?

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes - I'm so thankful for them, it seems to be so easy to forget just how lucky we are at times. Although I'm getting better at remembering :-)

    ReplyDelete