Thursday, April 15, 2010



I've  been away from home for 5 days now and have been busy doing the tourist thing with my boys here in Sydney. 

My gift from this trip has been the realisation that even though i love what i do for a living, i have not been playing. I have certainly been enjoying myself, but not in a playful, free spirited way. The child-like joy of being free to look around and experience every moment.

This break has been like an epiphany pit stop.

The heightened awareness of every sense i possess feels amazing and i think it has lots to do with being back by the harbour and the sea - it's restorative and soul comforting. I also love the city - it invigorates and inspires me - i am reminded that anything is possible - it's the same feeling i've had since i was a child - absolute wonder and excitement.

So now to return home and include this in my every day living. I think perhaps to start with more regular meditations - soul spaces - creating the room needed to be playful and free spirited whilst honouring all the commitments that make up my every day world.

I'll let you know how it goes.....




2 comments:

  1. This reminds me of myself when I visit Sydney my home town. I remember being this young girl looking at this city feeling anything is possible! Thank you for the reminder Jina xox

    ReplyDelete